Space Bob vs. The Replicons
A downloadable game for Windows
No sooner has he finished his basic training than his A.I. companion detects a Replicon mothership jump signature. This is not the best of news considering all Replicons seemingly have one thing in common: kill all humans!
Confused and lacking vital resources, you must help Bob explore local planets, salvage materials, craft upgrades, and collect enough fuel to reach the jump gate before the Replicons swarm all over him.
Good luck, you'll need it.
Alpha Preview Version
This is a 'vertical slice' alpha preview version of the game. It's fully playable from start-to-finish but as a 'vertical slice' it only offers a flavor of the content still to come.
This early version of the game is totally free. It's the entire game as it currently stands in development.
Name Your Price: The option to pay for the game is available to show support and help fund continued development. Pay $10 or more to receive the final game for free.
Recommended System Specs:
Potato with an Xbox Controller. Seriously :D
Integrated graphics on most reasonably modern CPUs should handle it just fine.
Mouse and keyboard controls work great but we recommend a controller if you have one.
Currently for Windows Only (Linux & Mac for final release)
Update 11 - Version 0.495 - 21 April 2017
- Sound effect volumes tweaked for better balance.
- Laser Pistol gun volume lowered.
- Crystal collision volume lowered
- Lander main thruster volume lowered
- Reverb in boss rooms lowered.
- Boss core effects volumes increased.
- Bullet sound redesigned. Each gun now has it's own bullet volume.
- Replicon explosion sound replaced with a new one.
- Drips now make sounds upon collision
- Geysers now have ambient bubbling sound
- Geysers now have audio when firing.
- Ambient wind effect added around planet surfaces.
- Dynamic range compressor added to all audio. This reduces the volume of loud sounds and amplifies quiet ones for improved overall balance.
- Fixed a bug that could cause replicon shock effects not to display when shot.
- Note: Replicon and other ambient sound effects coming next week.
Update 10 - Version 0.490 - 19 April 2017
- Audio effects added to the Main Menu and all UI Panels (Video, Controls, etc).
- Audio effects added to the interactive system map and crafting screen UI's.
- The Audio panel now allows the player to set Master, Effects and UI volumes independently.
- Bob's skid sound effects redesigned and replaced for the refinery ship and all planet surfaces.
- Updated Bob's primary gun sound effect.
- Fixed the large volcano planet not having surface collision sounds or echoes inside caves.
- Fixed footsteps sounds against crystals being far too loud.
- Fixed a bug on the crafting screen that could cause the controller to lose focus if clicking on the message stating no more upgrades of that type are available.
- Fixed a bug on the crafting screen that could make it impossible to craft jump fuel under very specific rare circumstances.
Update 9 - Version 0.480 - 14 April 2017
The First Audio Update:
Okay, finally. Phew! It's time to give you guys a preview of the new audio systems.
Approximately 60% of the planned audio work is now done so there's plenty still to do but the time-consuming back-end audio management systems are now up and running which makes it easy and fast to add new sounds.
That means that you can expect frequent updates over the next few weeks as missing effects are added and the existing ones get fine-tuned and polished.
It's worth clarifying that the UI still has no sound. This is a relatively quick job and is planned for next week.
Have fun, share your thoughts in the community section below, and pop back next week for another update or two.
Update 8 - Version 0.460 - 17th March 2017
- The maximum planet size has been nearly doubled.
- A new planet has been added. This is the largest planet yet with surface volcanoes and cave networks large enough to fly the lander through.
- Accessible space around planets has been increased.
- Further tweaks and improvements added to the dynamic ballast and rotational thrusters systems, on the player's lander, for more precise control.
Update 7 - Version 0.450 - 10th March 2017
- Dave's conversations during regular gameplay have been updated or rewritten. If you would like to reset Dave, to hear the new dialog, Hold 'F7' for two seconds at the main menu.
- Fixed a bug that caused Dave to repeat himself after many games. Dave should never repeat himself.
- Replicon spiders and wasps can now be salvaged while alive. Good luck with that.
- Replicon spiders, wasps, and their parts now contain additional salvage materials.
- An additional item, previously in the game, can now be salvaged. It's a secret.
- The crafting recipes for the plasma gun and the enhanced jetpack have been altered. It is now possible to craft these before reaching the anomaly.
- Grapple connections no longer automatically detach while entering the refinery ship unless they are attached to the lander.
- Grapple connections no longer automatically detach when detected inside the refining bay.
- Many fixes and updates implemented to allow for the grapple changes inside the refinery ship.
- Spider drop-ships can now be damaged by the rocket pistol and all explosions.
- Replicon spiders now jump higher and have further improved their ability to navigate over irregular shaped objects.
- The lander's rotational thrusters reach maximum thrust faster. This specifically improves the responsiveness of controls when dealing with heavy off-center loads.
- The Upgrade Dispenser's button placement has been lowered and the button interaction range increased.
- Liquid bubbles now pop with a visual effect.
- Fixed the possiblity that the player could get trapped under a piece of machinery in the anomaly.
- Salvage parts should no longer get trapped behind destroyed anomaly machinery.
- Spider drop-ships now correctly clean up their grapple line when destroyed.
- Grappling the ramps on replicon drop-ships no longer causes the player to stutter for a frame.
- Dave is now classed as dead if the player dies inside his lander when it explodes. This prevents him from making a comment about the players death.
- The upgrade panel no longer shows lander upgrades if the lander has been destroyed.
|Published||78 days ago|
|Tags||Action-Adventure, Action RPG, Controller, Crafting, Exploration, Physics, Procedural Generation, Roguelike, Short, Survival|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Inputs||Mouse, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files: